Sunday 10 June 2012

Garnier BB Cream for Oily/Combination skin


I was quite sceptical when I heard BB creams were the new must have foundation. I mean it's just a bog standard tinted moisturiser isn't it? What kind of coverage can you get from that?! Well curiosity finally got the better of me and I gave in and bought the Garnier BB Cream for combination to oily skin in Light.

So, whats the coverage like? Well it's definitely not a foundation coverage but it does even out your skin tone and gives the appearance of having nice skin. The combination to oily skin option also does a great job of being matt. In the picture above I have just the BB cream on and no powder. If you have acne you will definitely need some concealer to cover any red spots. Same goes for any bad discolouration. But if you are going to be putting layers of concealer on over this it kind of defeats the purpose.

Will it last all day? Having tried this a couple days a week for the past few weeks I have been able to test it in all weathers. It's England, we have many seasons in one day most days. I can say that in really hot humid weather this will only last about 4 to 5 hours and you will need to touch up with powder as it will get a bit shiny. In normal mild weather I can get about 7 hours wear with minimal touch ups. So really much the same as a normal foundation in those conditions.

Would I purchase again? Probably not as I can get the same results wearing my usual foundation just applying it lighter. Also you only get 40ml in a tube. At £9.99 a go if you used this everyday you would go through it quickly and it would end up costing you more than just buying a normal foundation that needs replacing every 2 to 3 months.

Overall I would say this is an ok product. It's nice for the days when you want some makeup on without looking overly made up especially if you aren't going out or just going to the pool or gym.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am glad that you have reviewed this product because I have been thinking of investing in some BB cream, too.Though, overall, it doesn't sound worth it, LOL.

    Mind you, of late, I find that I haven't been wearing *any* makeup! It's just been too hot, and it ALL slides of in the heat, LOL.

    I do hope you'll keep the posts coming because I have really missed your updates!

    Hugs,

    Lins x

    ReplyDelete